James:
I'm really liking two NFL matchups today and one MLS matchup tonight.
Chicago Bears @ Tennessee Titans Who will win this matchup?
I like da Bears here. They have a better offense, a better defense and better special teams. If the Bears can slow down CJ2K, the Titans will have a lot of trouble moving the football.
Hopefully this game doesn't go late and you are able to pick this next matchup
New York Giants vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Who will win this matchup?
I'm going with the Giants here. They're off to a fast start and this game is in New York (Jersey). Pittsburgh is flying in from Pittsburgh today instead of a few days a head of time, so their usual schedule has been changed up. Pittsburgh has had injury trouble as of late in the backfield as well. One more thing that I think will push the Giants to win was the hurricane this past week. I think New York will pull together for the Giants (Not that 3 ring circus they share a stadium with) and the Giants will come out strong and get a win much like the Knicks did the other night at Madison Square Garden against the Miami LeBron and Wade.
Another matchup that I could see going pretty well is the MLS playoff game between San Jose and Los Angeles. San Jose Win or Draw vs Los Angeles Win. I'd take San Jose here. They have beat LA two out of three games this season and the third meeting was a draw. This is the first leg of the playoff series. San Jose finished first in the MLS West, while Los Angeles finished fourth. I like San Jose to win tonight, but I think the least they will do is draw, making this a pretty safe matchup to pick.
Jim:
For me, I can't think of a more obvious pick than the Bills: Win or Single Digit loss @ Texans Double Digit Win.
This is a no-brainer... The Texans are 6th in the NFL overall in rushing yards, while the Bills are LAST in opp rushing yards. Yes, the Bills are coming off a BYE, and will be prepared to face a very strong offense BUT the Texans are ALSO coming off a BYE. Which means they'll be ready to run train on the Bills. Not to mention, when San Francisco beat the Bills, they put up 311 total rushing yards and averaged 8.2 yards per carry. Unreal. Talk about pushing the chains on almost every carry.
Bills: Win or Single Digit Loss @ Texans Double Digit Win
For a W5... Let's do this.
Matt:
Alright the streaks at four. We've officially hit "scared by every game because I don't want to lose my meager streak" mode. This always ends in failure. Once it's in your head an you're not just picking games based on matchups, you've put the bad karma in the world and you're screwed. And it is rattling my cage right now baby.
That being said, I'm taking the surest thing on the board (until it isn't because I picked it), Baltimore over Cleveland. I know the Ravens' D is banged up, and Flacco hasn't looked exactly "elite" lately (his words, not mine). But this Browns team is still atrocious. Is there hope for the future? Yes. Richardson is definitely the real deal and Brandon Weeden actually looks competent as a QB. But they're still a ways away, and I will NEVER bet against Ray Rice going up against the Browns D. Especially when he's on my fantasy team.
The Pick: Ravens over Browns
No comments:
Post a Comment